Saturday, March 7, 2009

Nine

I'm going to hug my teddy bear so tight that it cries. I'm gonna spend my weekends with my friends back home, go shopping on J-card Members' Day and catch up with the latest movies on show. This would be a respite after two weeks of feverish schooldays. I had even planned out the schedule to 'fuel' myself with entertainment and freedom!

Yet, I stayed in BU. Yesterday was the first night which I slept alone at student house. Two of my roommates had gone back to their hometown while the only left did not come back that night. Here I was, as one of the hapless victims, being bonded with the documentary thingy. I stayed to complete our documentary which is going to due on next Tuesday. You'll see how much I have sacrificed for it...

So, I was alone and I have never really been alone. I do feel lonely occasionally but not ALONE. I spent the whole night chatting online with my friends using the connection speed which was palpably slower than the crawling speed of a snail. I was then fed up and off I went trying to complete the backlog of homework. My stomach started crying when the clock showed 11pm so I decided that I should get something to eat but before that I had to wash my hands. Here came the climax: There was a COCKROACH in the bathroom and I was ALONE in the room! Gosh...I can't just close the door as THAT THING might slip into the room through the door slit! I can't let IT come into the room because I'LL BE SLEEPING HERE TONIGHT!!! You would never understand how much I wished my daddy was here at this very moment. So, I nerved myself, grabbed a copy of newspaper, squatted down and got the cockroach locked into my eyes, estimated the angle and that's it! "Piak Piak Piak! Piak Piak Piak! PIAK!!!" I beat it with the superbly thick copy of newspaper as hardly as I could and it then flushed it down the toilet hole.

After that, I lost my appetite as the whole process had quenched my thirst for food. That night, I met my long lost friend who named Afraid-Of-Ghost. His sudden reapperance surprised me yet I did not welcome him either, particularly when I was in an empty room all alone. Both the window and the mirror in the room were the present he brought to me during the visit. Sigh...

This was the first time I KILLED A COCKROACH. My hands couldn't stop trembling after that just as if I were to talk in front of the class. Maybe I should get a gun so that I can shoot such loathsome creatures next time if I met them again without my daddy by my side. Anyway, I wish I would never have to do this again.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Kill more cockroaches! hwahwahwa..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck...it's disgusting...I'll call you next time if I saw one =)

    ReplyDelete