Friday, February 27, 2009

Eight

"Since then, Snow White married the prince and they live together happily ever after."
As always, it's a wonderful happy ending for a fairy tale. But, what if a funeral ensued after this 'happily-ever-after-ending'? What if it's a funeral of Snow White's newly-born baby?

Few days ago, I received a harrowing news-A baby who wasn't even 2 months old choked to death while drinking milk. [Indeed, it caused a paroxysms of misery.] A day before that day, I saw a kitten laid dying in the middle of the road when I was on the way to the college. About two weeks before that, my uncle who had been 'always healthy' died of a sudden heart attack in his dreams. Five years ago, the brother of my just died uncle(who happened to be my uncle also) succumbed to colon cancer and made his wife widow.

Death occurs everyday. I then see that life is fragile. Looking back at all the things that I've done and whined about, I realize how greedy and immature I am in these 18 years. So, besides starting to appreciate every single person that I've met so far, I decided to confront my phobia and make a change in myself. I don't want to be a compliant girl anymore. That's the reason why I refused to give in today. [Syireen tried to 'reserve' a seat(the one which I usually sit at) for Atiqah who hadn't entered the class but I insisted to sit there no matter what.] Believe it or not, it was the first time for me for being so rude...no, let's call it 'indomitable', as to fight for ...my seat(first come first get basic) which I consider it as my right! I'm sorry for being rude anyway...It's just that I should learn how to say 'no' instead of nodding my head all the time, I think.

Life's short and unpredictable. The next thing I have in my mind is to tell my parents I love them and show them my concern and love. Although Tachibanna says it's not true when we say it out, we should tell them at least once. For instance, during our own birthday. If we can confess to a guy/girl who we have a crush on, why can't we say it to these two persons who top the list of dignitaries in our life?

I could never really believe that I sound like preaching in my academic blog... Let's say this is what I've learned this week. In short, be content.

Lastly, I would like to express my condolence to what happened to the Snow White. Perhaps the baby had been taken away much too early but I believe that God has a reason for it... I could never fathom how the Snow White feels like, as the truth is cruel enough to upset an outsider like me. I sincerely pray that she'll be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment