Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Thirty-three(Love Letter)

If blogging has become a medium for us to talk, why waste it?

V,

I can take harsh words. As long as you talk, I can take it. Because of you, I'm losing myself, wondering how could I become like this. And then, because of you, I found what I've been searching for all these whiles.

I'm been wondering, how could I dislike a close friend like you, so much, to the extent that I myself can't accept. Now I know why, but there's no need to tell. It's good that you left me alone, as the spaces you gave allow my hatred to diminish and now it's gone. Our friendship is gone, but there's no need to mourn as we both paid the price.

We used to be so close together. At least I thought so. But at the meanwhile, I know that I myself never really truly opened up and let you in. You can perceive thing this way: I never put much faith in you, even though I tried. I never try to be angelic, but I like the your comment that I am a coward who pretends to be good. All these whiles I am only TRYING TO BE GOOD, because I've never been real good, because I've been spoiled before I came here, because I listen to my head rather than my heart all these time.

I don't have a kind heart. No matter how hard I try to get one. There's always something inside, something I regard as selfishness. Even writing this is merely due to my selfishness, worrying that some time in the future I'll feel bad for what I've done to you before I die. See?

I've never been good in anything. Not even in 'shooting' people or to say what others dare not to say. It's you who dare to voice up, I never do, and that's the part I admire the most about you. I am a coward who pretends to be good, so true. If only I had your gut to be who I am. Somehow your theory of the art of camouflage fits exactly into my context. I have tonnes of masks, each different from one another. If I could make a business out of it, I'm pretty sure I could have earned more than Bill Gates.

I don't remember since when it began. I asked my best friend, how to divorce a friend, since the beginning of 2009. And when I thought things could be fine if I bend my knees, I suggested reconciliation and you accepted it. It took so long for me to realize that you and I can never be good friends, we never should, not with your characteristics and my personality. Never. It was a fatal mistake since the beginning. We shouldn't have been that close. Had we only been casual friends I'm sure we wouldn't have come to where we are now.

Yes, exactly, different mindset. For I am a coward, I bottled up all my dissatisfaction and unhappiness on the inside. I don't know if you do. Things went out of control when he came in between you and me. But I guess I've reached the breaking point that now it broke, and I feel extricated. How pathetic. It's all my problem, after all. It's me who got problem. Nothing to do with him or you.

I don't know much about you. But I know you can survive. And that you have a bright future ahead of you, waving and smiling and welcoming you. So I know it's good for both of us, to let go of each other.

You influenced me so much to an extent that I myself can't believe. I did not cry when Neutral went off to the US. Durian's rejection failed its duty to call for my tears. But you. I felt tears coursing down my cheek when I signed the paper, marking the end of our friendship.

I've been thinking of writing a love letter before I reach 20. Just never thought that it would be something like this. You never changed. You are still the one who I first knew. Assertive and confident. You've taught me a lot of important things in this life.

Lastly, for bearing hatred for you, for I couldn't make it the way I thought we were meant to be, for all the things that I've done which might have hurt you, I'm sorry. Glad that we both tried. Glad that you woke me up.

I am sincere, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment