Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Fourteen

So, I was drowned in the tsunami disaster. Badly injured as I am, I ran to the computer lab, to get in touch with the computer, which could probably ease my anguish.

I was lucky as I got an pretty simple question. I was given sufficient time to get myself prepared, to take a DEEP breathe or whatsoever self-calming methods and YET...I talked as if I have never learned English before. I'm not even comparative to a kindergarten child! I'm pretty sure that it wasn't my nervousness that caused me floundered like a lost lamb. It IS my ICU level of ENGLISH. Fish is to swim as bird is to fly while I'm just akin to a bird trying to swim in the water. I've learned the method to swim but to master the skill, a lifetime would presumably not enough.

Sometimes, I just feel like banging my head against the wall. Again, I'm like the frog under the well. Only when I jumped out from my happy little world that I realized how important English is. So, basically, if I were to look into a mirror which reflects a person's real image, I would probably see a combination of a frog head[which contain a frog's brain] joined to a bird's body without wings with a fish tail attached. OK.

English language. Without fail, it douses the slowly igniting fire in me and shatters every single hope that I thrive so hard to hold on. I had once felt that "how great would it be to be a 'banana'". But not now. Not anymore.

Perhaps I should have gone to China or Taiwan. Better still, stay in Malaysia.
Because, I feel like an outcast here. Somewhere I doesn't belong to.
No matter how hard I tried to fit in the society.

Although I had prepared for days, it came faster than what I've expected. The wave was gentle and mild, though.I just don't know how to swim when I am IN the water.So, I was drowned in the tsunami disaster. Badly injured as I am, I ran to the computer lab, to get in touch with the computer, which could probably ease my anguish.

1 comment:

  1. waahh..nice post
    i wonder if i can write as good as u
    u're talented

    ReplyDelete