Thursday, February 12, 2009

Five

I should't have prepared for the essay. I spent 3-day-time to memorize the themes, the main ideas, the key points, the examples and so forth but only to have all my budding hopes of getting a slightly better score squashed as a piece of hogwash was all that I managed to hand in today. Frankly speaking, I've known the question beforehand. Troublesome is my pieces of writing can never be any good whenever I am in the examination condition.

It's disheartening when this happens. "When you tried your best but you don't succeed...Could it be worse...~" quoted from the lyrics of the song "Fix You" sang by Coldplay. True enough, it sings my thoughts. What's worse is lecturer assume all of his students to have reached some kind of level in essay-writing and obviously I am not one of them. What happens when your hardwork doesn't pay off? Nothing.

On the other hand, lecturers are truly different from teachers. Not only in terms of how they are being called but also the way they teach. Despite the freedom of speech, I decide that I shouldn't elaborate my point of view about how they are different from each other. Also, studying in college is contradict to that of what we called "school life". In fact, I find myself hard to cope in this 'not-so-new' environment. People at here don't seem to have the gumption to do things(which are considered quite important as marks are counted in) and they are like...letting up... This is really difficult for me as I am actually a perfectionist(even though so far nothing perfect has been done) and I have no idea what is in their mind. There's no point for me to go against them either. I'm just an ordinary student in KBU and listening to me would be ludicrous.

This is supposed to be an academic blog but somehow I sound like kvetching about my personal stuff. I guess I shouldn't be blogging when I'm moody. So, as a whole,this is my thoughts about the test and the assignments. Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment