Saturday, December 5, 2009

Yesterday.

I bought a CD 5 years ago.
It cost only eighty cents.
It keeps all my favorite songs.
Backstreet Boys's.
Unbreakable. You're Beautiful.
Unbreak My Heart(Spanish).
We Belong Together. Almost There.
Wake Me Up When September Ends.
and more.

One day,
I decided to hide it somewhere.
Somewhere I won't be able to find it.
So, I hid it somewhere.
Another day,
I realized that I wanted it back.
So, I ransacked every possible 'somewhere' but, to no avail.
I simply forgot where it was.
I lost this CD forever, just like that.


I was granted a necktie two years ago.
It was a very unique tie.
No one could have possessed it. Not even the richest or smartest man.
I wore it around my neck every day.
It was inspiration.
It was, strength.
I kept it nicely, right beside my pillow.
And I thought this could last forever.

Yesterday, I decided,
to soak it overnight, in a little green bucket.
Today, I saw it in another blue bucket.
Mom washed it. She untied the tie.
And I lost the tie forever, just like that.
Just like that.
The very few things which were exceptionally important for me...
just like that.

Sometimes, it's just hurt to see them gone. As those were the very few things.. the only few things, you left behind. ='(

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes you have to let go of something. But letting it go doesn't mean that you need to forget it. It can always remain in your heart as a sweet or bitter memory. That's the process of growing. Maybe you should learn to let it go and thank your mom for giving you a chance of letting go.
    Its physical appearance may have gone forever, but I'm sure the iamage and memories of it will alaways be in your heart wherever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ainin, is that you? You sound so mature and that's so not like you. X)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah, the btn camp has made me mature :D

    ReplyDelete